A Glossary of Astrological Terms for the letter "Y"
- Use this glossary to look up the meanings of words you come across on this website, or in your astrological reading. Just select the first letter of the word you need and click on it in the table below to go straight to that sector.
- Masculine polarity of the Tao, opposed to and intertwined with Yin, the feminine polarity. See Polarity.
- Feminine polarity of the Tao, opposed to and intertwined with Yang, the masculine polarity. See Polarity.
- A powerful aspect. See Finger of God.
- In Vedic astrology, a powerful planetary relationship (Yoga="Union"). Not to be confused with the Yoga Philosophy and related disciplines.
- In Vedic astrology, the most beneficial planet in a horoscope because of its house rulership (Karaka="Indicator", or "significator"). For example Mars is yogakaraka in a Vedic chart with Pisces rising, because it rules the 9th and 2nd houses.
- One of four epochs dividing a cosmic Age (kalpa) of 10,000 Divine Years. The Yugas are Satya Yuga (Golden Age of Truth), Treta Yuga (Silver Age of Righteousness), Dwapara Yuga (Bronze Age of Knowledge) and Kali Yuga (the current Age of Darkness).
- Vedic astrology term for conjunction.
- Youth (phase of)
- The period of life from birth up to the first Saturn Return.